前言:
亲爱的大朋友、小朋友:
你们好!中英文绘本故事专栏,我们特邀华裔艺术家苏玉蓉老师主讲。苏老师不仅有着扎实的舞台表演和话筒前的丰富经验和实力,而且也有海外公立学校幼教经验,是一位资深的幼儿教师。一年来在我台朗诵了近百篇文学作品、儿童作品,皆受好评。尤其是《呆家长与熊孩子》公众平台开播以来,苏姐姐讲故事专栏受到广泛好评。苏老师是国内难得的表演艺术家,更是我台优秀的金牌主播!
The Bear's Vacation
作者:Stan and Jan Berenstain
编辑制作:娲儀

Hooray! Hooray!
万岁!万岁!
We're on our way!
我们在路上!
Our summer vacation starts today!
我们的暑假今天开始啦!

And here we are.
我们来啦,
What a wonderful trip!
多么美妙的旅行!
Let's get in the water!
让我们下水吧!
Let's go for a dip!
让我们去畅游吧!

Small Bear! Small Bear!
小熊!小熊!
Don't you go too far.
不要走得太远,
I want to see you wherever you are.
无论你在哪里,要让我能看到你。

Don't you worry.
不用担心,
Don't you fear.
不要害怕,
I'll show him all the dangers here.
我会向他展示这里所有的危险。

I'm watching, Dad!
我在看,爸爸!
I'm all set to go!
我准备好了!
Then here is the first rule you should know.
那么这是你应该知道的第一条规则,
Obey all warning signs!
遵守所有警告标志!
Look around.
看看周围,
Are there any warning signs to be found?
看到什么警告标志了吗?

There is one .And I think you should know.
有一个,我想你应该知道,
It says in big letters,
它用大写字母写着:
STRONG UNDERTOW!
强大的暗流!
Ah, yes, Small Bear.
啊,是的,小熊。
You're right! It does!
你说得对,的确如此!
Do you see how good my first rule was?
你看到了我的第一条规则有多好了吗?

Yes, Papa! Here!
是的,爸爸!这里!
Catch hold of this line.
抓住这根绳子。
I'll be safe when I swim now.
我现在游泳就安全了,
That lesson was fine.
这是很好的一课。

You will be safe when diving, too,
潜水时你也会很安全,
After I give you rule number two.
等我给你第二个规则后,
Look first. Then dive when all is clear.
先看看,然后在一切都清楚后潜水。
Now let's take a look.
现在让我们来看看,
Is there anything near?
附近有什么?

Yes, Dad, there is.
是的爸爸,有,
I see a twig!
我看到一根树枝!
Never mind that!
不要管那个,
It's not very big.
它不是很大。

You proved it, Dad.
你验证了,爸爸。
Even a twig can be bad.
哪怕是一根树枝,也可能很糟糕。

Right, my son.
对了,我的儿子,
That is very true.
确实是这样,
It's a pleasure to teach these rules to you.
很高兴教你学习这些规则。
Dad, I'll remember the rules you gave.
爸爸,我会记住你教给我的规则,
Now let's go surfing.
现在我们去冲浪吧,
Let's ride on a wave.
让我们乘风破浪。

Now we go on to rule number three.
现在我们继续第三条规则,
Beware of all rocks when surfing at sea.
在海上冲浪时,要小心所有的岩石。
Look, Papa! Rocks!
看,爸爸!岩石!
Right there ahead!
就在前面!
We should beware of them as you said.
正如你所说,我们应该提防他们。

Those rocks are much too far away.
那些岩石太远了,
The surf will not reach those rocks today.
今天的海浪不会到达那些岩石。

Then, on the other hand,
然而另一方面,
We might end up on those rocks.
我们可能最终落在那些岩石上,
You see? I was right!
你看,我是正确的!

I think I understand safety now.
我想现在我明白了,
Thank you, Dad, for showing me how!
谢谢爸爸告诉我怎么做!
But I have much more to tell you, my son.
但是我还有很多话要告诉你,我的儿子。
My safety rules have only begun!
我的安全规则才刚刚开始!

When people vacation at the shore,
当人们在岸边度假时,
they like to take walks.
他们喜欢散步,
They like to explore.
他们喜欢探索。

So watch your step is rule number four.
所以注意你的脚下是规则四,
There are many sharp shells along the shore.
岸边有很多锋利的贝壳。

Here's a sharp one!
这里有一个尖的!
I'll step with care.
我会小心翼翼的。
But may I keep it?
我可以捡起来吗?
It looks quite rare.
它看起来非常罕见。
Wait now! Don't touch anything yet!
等一等,不要碰任何东西!
There's another rule you have to get!
还有一条规则,你必须遵守!

Here it is… rule number five.
这是规则五,
Watch what you touch. It may be alive!
看看你触摸的东西,可能还活着呢!

Rules four and five are good to know.
很高兴学到了规则四和规则五,
Now I'll be safe wherever I go.
现在无论我走到哪里都是安全的。
Not quite, my son.
不完全是,我的儿子。
Hop into this boat!
跳上这艘船!
You must learn the rule for safety afloat!
你必须学习安全漂浮的规则!

Out in a boat, you must take care.
乘船出海,你必须小心。
And here is rule number six, Small Bear.
这是第六条规则,小熊。
Keep a sharp lookout!
保持警惕!
It's easy to do.
这很容易做到。
Watch me, now!
现在看我,
I'll do it for you!
我做给你看!

See? Like this!
看见了吗?像这样!
Only a fool would sail on the sea without this rule!
只有傻瓜在海上航行,才会不遵守规则!

It's a very good rule, I can see that ,Dad.
这是一个非常好的规则,我看得出来,爸爸。
Without it, things might get very bad!
如果没有规则,事情就会变得非常糟糕!

I've been happy to learn all you had to teach.
我很高兴能学到您所教的一切,
Are we ready, now, to go back to the beach?
我们现在准备好回到海滩了吗?
I have one rule more before we go,
在我们走之前,我还有一个规则,
And then you'll know all you need to know.
然后你就会明白,所有你应该知道的。

One more thing people do at the shore…
人们在岸边做的另外一件事情,
They go underwater and explore.
他们潜入水下探索。

In exploring underwater places,
在水下探险,
There are many, many dangerous spaces.
有很多很多地方是危险的。
And my last rule is simple and clear:
我的最后一条规则简单明了:
Stay out of caves when exploring down here!
在水下探险时远离洞穴!

Hmmm. This cave is big and wide!
嗯,这个洞穴又大又宽,
It might be safe to go inside.
进到里面去可能是安全的。
But, papa, do you think you should?
但是爸爸,你认为你应该这样做吗?
Something tells me it wouldn't be good!
我的直觉告诉我,这不会好。

As I was saying,
正如我所说,
stay out of small spaces,
远离狭小的空间,
and any other dangerous places!
和任何危险的地方!

WOW!
哇!
We learned that rule very fast!
我们学会了这条规则非常快!

Tell me, Dad, was that the last?
告诉我,爸爸,那是最后一条了吗?
Yes, that rule was the very last one.
是的,这是最后一条规则,
My safe vacation rules are done!
我的安全度假规则讲完了!

Ma! You won't have to worry any more!
妈妈,你不用担心啦!
Pa taught me how to be safe at the shore!
爸爸教会了我如何在岸边注意安全!


主播介绍

苏玉蓉: 毕业于云南省艺术学院戏剧系。20年话剧舞台演出经验,以及话筒前的工作经验。擅长用声音语言塑造人物形象。曾在云南省广播电台播出数十部集广播剧和各种文学作品。部分在全国获奖。代表作有广播剧(李清照)中的李清照。广播剧(桑树坪)中的媒婆。电视剧(五朵金花和她的儿女们)中一人为多个角色配音。

更多精彩请扫码关注!